Customer Service Office Hours
Open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Mallard Construction Limited Warranty & Service Policy:
During your first year, should a problem occur with a warranted item, please follow these warranty guidelines.
- Consult the “Warranty Service Flow Chart” on Page 3-7, to find out how to submit your warranty service request, in accordance with the Warranty Policy.
- All service requests must be submitted in writing, using the appropriate “Warranty Service Request Form” included in this booklet, prior to the expiration of your One-Year Warranty (based on your settlement date).
- Only Emergency Service Requests will be accepted via the telephone.
- Do not contact any field personnel regarding a service matter.
Mallard Construction Group Inc., together with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® provide you with the following warranty coverage. In addition, a sample copy of the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Booklet can be downloaded below. Please take a moment to review the warranty documentation to better understand your warranty. You should receive your official warranty documentation within 30 days following settlement.
1st Year – Any defects in materials and workmanship per performance standards as outlined in the Warranty (except for maintenance items and/or cosmetic damage). Any defects in the electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems as outlined in the Warranty.
2nd Year – Any defects in the electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems as outlined in the Warranty.
10 Year Express Limited Warranty – Coverage is provided for major structural defects as defined in the Warranty.
Exclusions to Warranty
Following is a partial list of items, specifically excluded from the Warranty.
- Acts of God
- Wind (gale force winds, hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes)
- Wind driven rain
- Insects, animals, vermin
- Normal homeowner maintenance items and normal wear and tear
- All cosmetic repairs, damage to interior and exterior finishes, including flooring. This includes any damage that occurs after move in, not specifically listed on your Buyer Orientation Checklist.
Emergencies are events such as heat failures, gas or plumbing leaks, electrical shorts, security problems and any other items that make your home unsafe or uninhabitable. Loss of air conditioning is not considered an emergency.
Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing Related Emergencies
Other Major Problems or Emergencies
b) After Hours and Weekends - Refer to the “Warranty Flow Chart” on Page 3-7 and call the appropriate subcontractor directly.
LIMITED warranty offered through the Mallard Construction Group. Customer is subject to the terms, limitations and requirements of each manufacturer. Additional information on warranty terms and conditions can be found in the closing documents.
Buying a new home is one of the largest investments you will ever make, which is why it’s important to ensure your home comes with protection. As a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® (2-10 HBW) builder member, Mallard provides every home we build with 10 full years of structural home warranty protection from the nation’s leading home warranty company.
What does being a 2-10 HBW member mean for your home?
2-10 HBW only accepts the best builders into their program. To become a member, Mallard Construction Group went through an extensive screening process that measures our building practices against strict underwriting guidelines to ensure we maintain a high-quality product in addition to a careful inspection of our workmanship.
With the purchase of your new home, you’ll receive a copy of the structural home warranty contract that explains what is covered as well as a maintenance booklet to give you tips on how to care for your home. In addition, the warranty is fully-transferable, which increases the resale value of your home.
- 10 full years of structural defect coverage for load-bearing components.
- 2 full years of systems surety coverage against defects in wiring, piping, and ductwork in electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilating, and mechanical systems.
- 1 full year of surety coverage against defects in workmanship and materials.
*Please take the time to read and understand your structural home warranty contract. Call us (2-10 Home Buyers Warranty) at 800.488.8844 with questions about any part of the warranty you do not understand.